Exercise to Avoid During Pregnancy
Women goes through many changes and difficulties during their pregnancy period. Therefore you have to plan your routine according to that changes in your body.
You don’t need to avoid all the exercises but proper planning is required during these times.
A well planned exercise plan will help you to boost your energy level and maintain your fitness level and prepare your body for the delivery.
– The first exercise you have to give special or you could take away from the routine during pregnancy time is squats.Your body gets loosened during this period and your lower back and legs would not be able to manage the stress caused by the squats. You can do squats using a fitness ball if doesn’t cause any problem to your knees.
– Deep knee bends are also recommended to avoid during this time.
– Weight lifting above your head or standard military presses should be avoided too. Excess curve during pregnancy causes huge stress on your lower back.
– Avoid all exercises that uses weights and that causes the abdominal muscle contraction. This will make you dizzy and lightheaded.
– Avoid bouncy, jerky movements and extreme stretching of your muscles.
– Avoid push ups and pull ups. You can replace those with wall push ups.
– You can also avoid lunges.
– Avoid all high intensity exercises.
– Workout only for 30 minutes and should exceed 4 times a week.
You should avoid certain exercises during pregnancy, since you are going through a special condition in your life your body needs extreme care and the exercises should be free from the stresses that affects your lower back and stomach. You are not recommended do any exercises that have fast and jerky movements.
The main exercises you could do while you are pregnant includes walking, parental yoga, light dance steps, stationary biking.